Click Here to visit Official RTA.AE
The Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) in Dubai will be open for an extra hour a day thanks to a new set of working regulations that go into effect tomorrow.
Mattar al Tayer, the chairman of the board and executive director of the RTA, said all employees would be allowed to work staggered hours, starting at three different times in the morning and leaving at three different times in the afternoon. This will improve the efficiency of the authority by boosting morale and minimising time pressures, he said.
"This initiative contributes to solving some problems and difficulties suffered by individuals, whether within or outside the RTA," he said.
He added it would solve traffic congestion problems in the area, which are exacerbated by the large number of schools in the district.
By staggering starting times between 7am and 8am the authority was able to extend its closing time from 2pm to 3pm.
Taxi fares in Dubai will increase by 11 fils per kilometer, the RTA announced yesterday.
Eisa Abdul Rahman Al Dosari, the CEO of Public Transport, announced that the increase in the taxi-meter tariff will be effective starting January 21, 2011.
Al Dosari further noted that the step was, “not intended to generate an additional profit for RTA nor the five franchise companies operating in Dubai, but rather comes in as an effort to offset the rising fuel prices, which are soaring remarkably from time to time.”
The current taxi tariff is 1.6/km, which will shoot up to AED 1.71 per kilometre. However, Al Dosari clarified that the increase, “does not apply to meter starting tariff."
RTA responsibilities also include:
Roads & Parking
Registration & Licensing
Commercial Ads on the Right of Way
If you have had a bad experience on your trip or you wish to make a complaint, you can get in touch with the Dubai Road & Transport Authority and visit their Customer service section here.
If you feel your complaint would be handled better by telephone, you can contact them direct on at:
+971 800 90 90
It goes without saying that you should always remember to check that you have all of your belongings at the end of each journey, however, if you do happen to accidentally leave something on the bus, the driver will hand the item to the Police if it is not claimed before hand.
The RTA customer service team are available 24 hours a day for your service.
Important information and instructions for people using Dubai public buses:
• While waiting at the bus stop, stay clear of the bus stopping area. Please signal the bus to stop.
• Stay away from the bus doors until the driver opens them to allow you to board the bus.
• Board the bus through the front door and alight from the rear. Ladies and children may alight from the front door.
• In you have a bus pass you must present it for scrutiny by the driver. Smartcards shall be passed over the ticket machine and tickets obtained. Passengers without tickets are liable for prosecution.
• Present your Smart Card for inspection by the representatives of Public Transport.
• Three rows of seats in the front of the bus are reserved for lady passengers.
• Do not engage the bus driver in conversation or arguments.
• Do not eat, drink or smoke in the bus.
• Do not throw any litter or spit through the bus windows.
• Do not vandalise the interior of the bus.
• Bulky luggage or hazardous materials and animals are not allowed inside the bus.
• Do not play or operate any musical instrument or sound reproducing equipment to the annoyance of co-passengers or the bus driver.
• Do not place your luggage in the gangway.
• Do not make announcements or distribute any leaflets, brochures, books, products or gifts as part of a commercial, political or religious campaign.
• Do not beg or solicit any favours while on the bus.
• If you wish to alight at an authorized bus stop, press the stop bells.
• Do not attempt to leave the bus until the bus comes to a complete halt.
• Do not use the emergency door unless permitted or instructed to do so by the bus driver.
Dubai: Four express trains will serve on Dubai Metro's Red Line from October, slimming overall total travel time by 10 minutes.
The service, which is being introduced on trial for five months, will be available in the early morning peak hours.
The trains will travel at normal speeds but will bypass the less popular stations to save time.
The first two trains will start from Al Rashidiya and Jebel Ali at 5:30am, while the next two stations at 5:40am.
Dubai is one of the fastest growing cities in today's world. The provision of high quality infrastructure facilities is absolutely imperative. Providing an advanced transport network for the people of Dubai has been high on the government’s agenda, which is evident from its initiatives to enhance the public transport facilities and improve roads across the emirate to make travel safer and smoother.
Package for visitors to Dubai to include Nol credit and travel details
Dubai: Visitors arriving at Dubai International Airport will not have to take expensive taxis from the airport as they will be given a travel pack on arrival containing full information about public transport in Dubai.
The Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) on Monday announced that the Dubai Travel Pass named Terhaal will be launched soon in partnership with Dnata.
The pack will also integrate surface public transportation with air transportation, thus contributing to the renewed focus on tourism in Dubai.
Terhaal will enable visitors to use public transportation with relative ease upon arrival.
Over a phased launch period, the pack will be distributed to tourists at various points during their trip while developing their plans.
Peyman Younes Parham, Director of the RTA's Marketing and Corporate Communications, said: "The overall objective is to ensure that visitors are given an immediate overview of public transport modes including Dubai Metro, Dubai Bus and Dubai Water Bus.
He said the RTA intends to enhance the mobility of tourists across Dubai, while making their visit a memorable experience. The initiative will also contribute to boosting tourism, he added.
The Dubai Travel Pass will include two Nol Cards, each with a credit of Dh14, booklets about the integrated public transport systems, maps, information of interest to visitors, including places to visit and how to get to those places using public transport.